Friday, July 5, 2013

Something About That Bridge


Sallie here! 

There is a little bridge in my yard. Dawn worries because I insist on going back and forth over it, like I used to. 



There is just something about that bridge I can't resist. 




Today Dawn watched from the distance, biting her nails, while I  played my usual bridge crossing game.


I used to play this game all the time.


Back and forth-- I would cross several times! 


And returning two seconds later... 
  Why can't I like chasing sticks or playing with squeaky toys like other dogs? Dawn wants to know. 



  Who cares if I can't see? 


 I like gymnastics! 



Ta da! 


Wishing everyone a happy weekend filled with possibilities! 


10 comments:

sprinkles said...

I do understand your mom's concern. At least you aren't letting blindness hold you back from doing the things you love though!

Hope you had a happy 4th of July!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You see with your heart my little friend!
The hearts way is best!
love
tweedles

D. Jean Quarles said...

So sweet. You cross that bridge quite well!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

You don't need sight in a familiar area....unless someone moves something.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Unknown said...

Clever you. Our Pip manages OK too. Have a super Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

A lot of people like to play "Bridge" with cards - you can do it without - Cool!

Kari in Alaska said...

Its a good thing that you are back to your bridge crossing fun :)

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

meowmeowmans said...

We can understand why your mom gets nervous, Sallie, but we love that you still enjoy that bridge game so much. :)

stellaroselong said...

Yay for you Sallie yay for you!!
stella rose

White Dog Blog said...

Sallie, we are so proud of you! You are learning to navigate using your memory and other senses. Dawn should be so excited by this progress and at how smart you are! YoYoMa likes to do some of the agility stuff we have set up for fun in the yard (the teeter-totter, the weave poles (taught him the words "left" and "right"), the short catwalk. If he is on his lead, he can even do some of the jumps by following dad's voice commands. When you can't see with your eyes you learn to see with your heart and mind and other senses. Go Girl!

Post a Comment

Yay for comments!

XOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails